Le Final

8:19 PM

The last prompt: How did The Digital Citizen and Self change how you think about the Internet, mobile and other digital communication technology.

                                                                                                                                                                   

     The Digital Citizen and Self changed my views in ways I did not think was possible. Even though that sounds incredibly cheesy, I do not regret taking this course and I have enjoyed every moment. I went from being someone who did not care much for the risks that the internet poses or the importance of privacy... To someone that truly cares about how intangible objects such as cookies, which still seem quite abstract to me, affect how I interact and maneuver across the vastness of the internet. Technology, no matter how awesome and astounding the advancements, is now something that I try to limit and to not rely on as much. In reality I believe that technology should be used to supplement our lives rather than for us to completely base our lives around. 

      Though the internet may seem like something so wonderful and helpful, I've learned that there are sides of the internet that regular individuals may never know about. Though I have always known about proxies. and thought I was sooo internet savvy because of it, there were so many more things about the online world that I have learned from the Digital Citizen and Self. Maybe even to the point that I contemplated switching my major to Computer Science... 

     But either way, the Digital Citizen and Self taught me to be more active and vocal as an individual on the internet. Though I am only one person so is everyone else and all together we might be able to change and shape the internet, or at least our side of the internet, into a better place. 

Thank you for all the memories PACS 2.

-XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe